Fight the Man man
Well I think enough time has gone since I was cancelled from bloging. But I'm back and with a vengeance, or at least I hope so. And what better a way to start bloging again than with an MRE? There are quite a few I'm sure. But since we are on the subject of fighting, see title and shit, let's get started.

There it is, one military issue Meal Ready to Eat. Thing's like a lunchable on steroids, without the genital shrinking effects. It wasn't a bad buy, until I realized it was illegal to sell or buy these things. Damn. I was eyeballing the spaghetti with meatsauce, but I felt like chicken tonight.
See that cardboard box? That's the chicken pretty tasty looking huh? That bad has all your beverage needs in it, drink mix and whatnot, but I'll get to that later.
This is the magical heating pad that makes everything warm and fuzzy. It gives you some basic instructions so you don't burn your eyes out. My favorite part is where it tells you to prop it up against a rock...or something. It made me laugh.
Well for some reason I had my chicken, and minestrone. I used my magic heat source to heat up the minestrone, but then I couldn't heat my damn chicken. So heat them at the same time if you get two entrees. Anyway, on the how the stuff looked and tasted.
Well, to say it tasted like shit would be unfair. It didn't taste like shit, it didn't taste like anything. It beats eating nothing I guess. It's just about as good as it looks.
Well, moving on this delectable dish is the chicken. I was expecting some pretty awful chicken. But it wasn't that bad, better than the minestrone for sure, even though it was room temperature.If you look in the background there's a piece of tasty toast. And a panera muffin. That was my backup if the MRE was totally inedible.
For those who feel the chicken is lacking in taste, you get two squezeable packets of jalapeno ketchup and jalapeno cheese spread. They served the purpose I suppose.
Well there's my dessert some spiced pound cake and a cold cappuccino. cappuccino really isn't that bad cold, but I couldn't bring myself to finish it. The pound cake was good. And so were the M&M's the crunchy kind, I'm not sure if they make those anymore.
Everything you need for after you eat. Ice Tea is a must of course. Hand wipe, matches, toilet paper, and gum. I keep the TP on me all times in case of an emergency, if you know what I mean. Anyways that's an MRE. I'm sure I glossed over a lot of shit because I took to many pictures, but that's just the kind of half assed thing I do.Stay beautiful.
--Transit


4 Comments:
As much as I love hearing your praise. I had to delete the welcome post because it was ahead of this one. And it annoyed me.
hey spencer. i love you. you have no idea how happy i am that you are back. and don't let your parents catch you this time.
.....your back with vengeance...huh.
i love reading this blog! makes me smile. i've actually had that MRE. it's really not bad, you're right.
ask em steele about the thundersticks we got at the cougars game...you should do a post on them, they're quite disturbing.
luv always
lady li
Post a Comment
<< Home